a) The membership of the chapter shall be open only to the member of IAP. Associate members can be from other specialities or related fields.
b) The membership of the chapter shall be of four categories namely : [a] Life, [b] Associate Life, [c] Affiliate Indian, [d] Affiliate Foreign.
c) Only those who are Life/Associate Life members of the IAP are eligible for Life/ Associate Life membership in respective category of the chapter. Non-IAP members could be taken as affiliate members of the chapter. d) If any of the residential Indian citizen member moves out of India, all the correspondence, including Journals and ballot papers to eligible voters, shall be sent only to the latest local Indian address as on records with IAP/chapter unless they pay extra charges as applicable for the postage at any other address.
The subscription for membership of the chapter shall be as follows :
a) An Entrance Fee will be charged, as decided in the general body meeting from time to time subject to, not exceeding the fees prescribed by the IAP, for all categories of new members on their application for membership including those Associate members who re-apply after a break in membership. However, this will not apply to non-Indian members and to those whose membership is converted from one category to another in continuity.
b) Subscription fees payable by affiliates Foreign to be decided by Executive Committee. This membership fees will not include the mail charges for the Journals.
c) If husband and wife both are members of the IAP, such members will be eligible to become couple Life/Associate life members of the chapter by paying 80% of the prevalent life membership fee each. Such members will receive only one communication including Journals from Society for both, in common on either name including all statutory notices except the voting right which will be enjoyed by either of them separately as per the eligibility.
7) a) The life member may propose any person who fulfils the above mentioned conditions for election as member of the chapter in the category as applicable and such proposal shall be seconded by another Life member.
b) The proposal shall be in the prescribed application form for membership of the chapter and shall be duly filled-in and signed by the person proposed and shall be accompanied by the fees as applicable which shall be returned in due time if the Executive committee does not accept the proposal.
c) The proposals for election of the members shall considered by appropriate committee designated by the Executive committee of the chapter from time to time and such committee shall recommend the names to the Executive committee for approval.
11) The Secretary shall keep a register and/or computerized record in which the names and last known addresses of members shall be entered with the dates of their election and cessation of membership, if any. Any entry in the register and/or computerized record of members shall be deemed final as regards to admission or cessation of membership and their respective addresses.
12) A member may resign his membership by giving notice in writing and the resignation shall take effect from the date on which the notice is received in the office of the Secretary, provided that in case of resignation by Office Bearer/ Executive Committee member, one calendar month’s notice of the resignation will be necessary and that the concerned Office Bearer/ Executive committee member shall continue to serve till a successor is elected/selected or appointed, as the case may be and that the resignation, however, shall not absolve any such member from paying the subscription for the year in which the resignation takes effect and arrears, if any.
13) A member shall be entitled to the following privileges : -
a) To attend meetings and conferences arranged or organized by the chapter/IAP by paying the prescribed fees.
b) To use reading room and libraries maintained by the chapter/IAP and to consult and use the books and periodicals in the library at such time and on such conditions as may be prescribed by the regulations made by the Executive Committee/Executive Board of the chapter/IAP.
c) To enjoy such other privileges or benefits as may be determined by the Executive Board/Executive committee of the IAP/chapter.
d) Any member going out of India shall be entitled to receive all the communication of the chapter/IAP including the Journals only at the latest local Indian address as on records of the Central Office /Registered office of chapter.
14) Only Life member shall be eligible to be elected to the office bearer/Executive Committee. They shall have the right to take part in elections or vote at any meetings or election of the chapter/IAP. However, other category members could be co-opted in the Executive Committee of the Group by the Executive Committee of the chapter.
15) a) A member guilty of infamous conduct [as defined under ethical code by I.M.C.] or of acts prejudicial to the interests of the chapter/IAP may on the proposal of the Executive Board and after giving the member 30 days notice to make any written representation that he may desire to make, be expelled from the IAP, by a resolution, carried by a three fourths majority of the members present in a General Body Meeting expressly called for the purpose or at the Annual General Body meeting of the IAP.
b) The notice of the meeting shall contain the particulars of the charges against the member and shall be accompanied by written explanation, if any, submitted by the member.
16) a) The election of the office bearers and the members of the Executive committee of the chapter shall be held by secret ballot or as per the guide lines supplied by the Executive committee members from time to time, which shall be in line with those of the IAP.
b) Any member who has any complaint about the election shall give the same in writing addressed to the Secretary within 21 days of the declaration of the result.
c) Any election tribunal consisting of the chairperson and two of the past President shall be constituted to go into the complaint and the decision of the tribunal shall be final. In case a member of the tribunal is involved himself in any way in such dispute, he shall not a member of that tribunal.
d) Any dispute shall be subject to jurisdiction where chapter is registered.
17) OFFICE BEARERS:-
The chapter shall have the following Office Bearers :-
President - One Vice-President - Two
Secretary - One Joint-Secretary - One
Treasurer - One Member - Five
18)a) The term of the President, Treasurer and the Secretary shall be for two years, In case of resignation, the concerned office bearers or Executive Committee member shall continue in office till a successor is elected or selected or appointed as the case may be. Reelection subject to ratification by the Executive Board of the IAP.
b) The President shall not seek election to the Executive committee or as Office Bearer of the IAP after finishing two years as President. Re-election subject to ratification by the Executive Board of the IAP.
c) The Life member contesting for the post of President should have been a member of the chapter for three complete years as on or before 1st January to be eligible to contest for the ensuing election and should have served in the Executive committee or as Office Bearer or both for a period of one complete year before contesting for the post of President.
d) The Life member contesting for the post of Executive Committee member should have been a member of the chapter for one complete year as on or before 1st January to be eligible to contest for the ensuing election. The term of the elected members to the Executive Committee shall be of a period of two year. Such members, if elected for four successive years shall not contest election for a period of next two years for the post of the Executive Committee.
e) A member contesting for the post of Secretary should have been a member of the chapter for two complete years as on or before 1st January to be eligible to contest for the ensuing election and should have served on the Executive Committee for one complete years before contesting for the post of Secretary.
f) A member contesting for the post of Treasurer should have been a member of the chapter for two complete years as on or before 1st January to be eligible to contest for the ensuing election and should have served on the Executive Committee for one complete year before contesting for the post of Treasurer of the IAP.
g) All terms of office and Executive committee shall be from January 1st to December 31st.
19) a) The management of the affairs of the chapter shall be vested in the Executive committee which shall consist of elected Executive Members and the elected Office Bearers from amongst the Life members as the case may be.
b) All the office bearers shall be also members of the Executive committee.
c) The President, the Secretary, the Treasurer and the eight Members shall be elected by all the Life members of the chapter from amongst themselves.
d) Treasurer shall be resident where the chapter is Registered.
e) The Executive Committee members shall be as follows :-
i) If any vacancy, except that of Office Bearers occurs during the year other than by efflux of time, such vacancy shall be filled up by co-option by the Executive Committee of the chapter. The term of the office of such co-opted member shall be for the period for which the original member would have contined in office had the vacancy not occurred. However, this residual term will not counted as a term for pur pose of re-election or eligibility or any election in future.
ii) In case of vacancies of Office Bearers, the same shall be filled up by election which shall be held within a period of three months from the date of occurrence of the vacancy, provided in case of the vacancy is the office of Secretary, the Joint-Secretary shall assume charge of the office of the Secretary and new Joint-Secretary will elected.
iii) The term of such elected/selected offfice bearer shall expire on the date when the term of the original office bearer shall expire on the date when the term of the original office bearer would have expired but for the vacancy. However, this residual term will not be counted as a term for the purpose of re-election or eligibility for any election in future.
THE POWERS OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE :-
20) The Executive Committee shall, subject to these rules exercise all such powers and do all such acts and things as may be exercised or done by the chapter.
21) The Executive Committee may appoint Conveners of Committee from amongst the members of the chapter and delegate to them powers and duties as it may think fit.
22) The Executive Committee may frame regulation not inconsistent with these rules for regulating the procedure of the meeting of the Executive Committee or its committee, election of the members of the committee and the conduct of the affairs of the chapter.
23) a) The Executive Committee shall meet at such time and place as may be necessary for the transaction of the business of the chapter as directed by the Chairperson, and ordinarily it shall meet not less than once in a year.
b) Meeting of the Executive Committee shall be convened by the Secretary in consultation with the President.
c) Ordinarily thirty days’ notice shall be given of all meetings to the members of the Executive Committee, except in case of emergency when a meeting may be called at seven day’s notice at the express direction of the President.
24) A special requisition meeting of the Executive committee may requisitioned by not less than three members of the committee asking for it in writing to the Secretary who shall call a special meeting to consider the requisition by the Secretary.
The power to decide date and place of such meeting will be with the President and the Secretary.
26) The quorum for a meeting of the Executive committee shall be three members. If there be no quorum within 15 minutes of the time fixed for the meeting shall be adjourned to a later time on the same day and place. No quorum will be needed for the adjourned meeting. If there be no quorum for a requisitioned meeting, the meeting shall be dissolved.
27) a) The President shall preside at the meeting of the Executive committee, but in his absence the Executive members present shall elect one from amongst them to preside over the meeting.
b) Every question/problem/dispute submitted to a meeting of the Executive committee shall be ordinarily decided according to the majority of votes casted by the members present and voting at succeeding meeting. In the case of equality of votes, the President shall have a second or casting vote in addition to his vote as a member. Such decision will be final a binding on all the members of the chapter and the concerned parties.
28) In the event that the Secretary considers a decision is required urgently, he may circulate a proposal to all Executive Committee members and if he receives signed approval for this proposal from a majority of members responding within stipulate time limit given, this shall constitute a resolution as effective as one passed at a meeting duly convened and held. 29) The Executive Committee may act notwithstanding any vacancy in its body provided that if the number of members falls below the necessary quorum, it shall not act except for co-option.
30) The Executive committee shall have the power to terminate the appointment of its member[s] and or any committee[s] or the Secretary appointed by it, if in the opinion of its three fourths majority of the members present, for continuation of such appointment is not in the interest of the chapter.
PROPERTY AND MONEY :-
31) All the property movable or immovable, belonging to the chapter shall be vested in the Executive committee.
32) All money received by or on behalf of the chapter shall be deposited forthwith in a schedule bank or scheduled banks selected by the Executive Committee and shall not be withdrawn from bank or banks except under the authority of and in the manner prescribed by the Executive Committee.
33) Any money not immediately required for the purpose of chapter may be invested by the Executive committee in such manner as it may deem fit and according to the regulations of Public Trust Act.
34) Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing powers the Executive committee shall have powers :-
a) To acquire by purchase, lease, gift or otherwise, with or without conditions, any property movable or immovable and whether subject to any special thus or not, for any one or more of the objects of the chapter.
b) To borrow or raise money in such manner or on such terms as the chapter may think fit and according to the regulations of Public Trusts.
c) To invest money of the chapter not immediately required for any of its objects in such manner as may from time to time determined by the Executive committee and according to the regulation of Public Trusts.
d) To act as trustees and to undertake or execute any trust or agency which may directly or indirectly be conducive to any of the objects of the chapter.
THE POWERS AND FUNCTIONS OF SECRETARY :-
35) In all important matters pertaining to the working of the chapter the organization of conferences, seminars etc. the Secretary shall consult the President before taking a decision except in case of emergency.
36) The Secretary shall keep the President informed about all important matters relating to the chapter and shall send a copy relating to important chapter/IPA [Indian Academy of Pediatrics] correspondence to the President for his perusal and comments.
37) The President can write to Government and National/International bodies and individuals on important issues and send massages, copies of which must be forwarded to the IAP Office.
38) Subject to the control and regulations, if any of the Executive Committee, the Secretary, shall be responsible for carrying out the directions and decisions of the Executive Committee and in particular he shall :-
a) Convene meetings of the Chapter and the Executive committee whenever necessary or called upon to do so.
b) Have administrative control over all the affairs of the chapter.
c) Have charge of correspondence in relation to the chapter.
d) Keep accurate minutes of all the meetings of chapter Executive committee, thereof.
e) Prepare Annual Report of the Chapter.
f) Have charge of the furniture, library, and all documents and assets of the chapter.
g) Collect all dues of the chapter and deposit all amounts of the chapter.
h) Pass all bills for payment on behalf of the chapter. Executive committee, thereof.
i) Have powers to incur expenses for any of the purposes of the chapter up to a limit of Rs. 5000/- at a time subject to ratification by the Executive Committee.
j) Be an ex-officio member of all committees.
k) Perform all such other duties as are incidental to the office.
THE DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS OF JOINT SECRETARY:-
To work for the welfare of trust / chapter of IAP.
THE POWERS AND FUNCTIONS OF THE TREASURER :-
39) a) Shall be responsible for keeping up-to-date accounts of the chapter with all the account books posted up-to-date.
b) Shall dispose of the bills for payment as sanctioned by the Secretary and only on his written instruction.
c) Shall have the right to point out any error or discrepancy in the order of payment of the Secretary and refer the order back to him with his remarks. In the event of disagreement still persisting between the Secretary and the Treasurer, the matter shall be referred to the President for final decision.
d) Shall, in consultation with the Secretary, prepare a budget of the estimated receipts and expenditure of the chapter for each year and present the same for approval of the Executive committee.
e) Shall get the accounts of the chapter audited by the auditors.
f) Shall prepare an annual statement of accounts and balance sheet showing the financial positing of the chapter, get is audited by the auditors appointed at the annual general meeting of the chapter and submit it for adoption by the Executive committee and shall be jointly responsible with the Secretary for all financial affairs of the chapter.
40) No expenditure shall be incurred unless the same has been included in the annual or supplementary budget and approved by the Executive committee except by Secretary as defined in rule  and except in cases and of emergency when it will be allowed after approval by the President of chapter.
41) An Annual General Meeting of the chapter shall be held not later than December 31st of every year.
42) At the Annual General Meeting the following business shall be transacted :-
a) Confirmation of the minutes of the last Annual General Body Meeting.
b) Consideration and adoption of the Annual Report of the chapter.
c) Consideration and adoption of the audited statement of accounts.
d) Appointment of auditors and fixing their remuneration.
e) Appointment of honorary legal advisor.
f) Any other business notice of which has been circulated with the agenda.
g) Any other business of which 30 days notice has been given to the Secretary in writing.
h) Any other business with permission of the President.
43) a) No business shall be transacted at any Annual General Meeting unless a quorum is present at the commencement of the meeting.
b) 10% or 10 Life members whichever is higher present shall from a quorum for the Annual General Meeting. If within half an hour of the time fixed for the meeting, a quorum is not present, the meeting shall stand adjourned to a later time on the same day at the same place. A quorum shall not be needed for an adjourned meeting.
THE POWERS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PRESIDENT :-
44) The President may when he thinks fit, or on a resolution of the Executive Committee or on receipt of a requisition of not less than 10% or 25 Life members, whichever is low, stating the objects of the meeting addressed to the Secretary, call a requisition special General Body meeting of the member of the chapter. Three weeks’ notice shall be given to the members of such meeting and notice should specific all mention the objects for which the meeting has been requisitioned. In the case of requisition, the meeting shall be held within 45 days of receipt of the requisition. Only the points raised in the requisition shall be discussed at such meeting. The power to decide the date and venue shall be with the President and the Secretary.
45) At all General Meeting 10% or 10 Life members, whichever is higher, shall from a quorum. If there be no quorum within half an hour of time fixed for the meeting, the meeting shall be adjourned to a later time on the same day and same place. No quorum is needed for the adjourned meeting.
46) At all requisitioned meeting, 10% or 25 Life members, whichever is higher, shall form a quorum. If there be no quorum within half an hour of time fixed for the meeting, the meeting shall be dissolved. 47) A question may be submitted to a meeting of the members present and voting may occur. In case of a tie, the President of the meeting shall have a casting vote in addition to his own.
a) Subject to any law for the time being in force and subject to the powers vested in the Executive Committee, the Executive committee shall give effect to the resolutions passed at the Annual General Meeting, General Meeting or requisitioned meeting.
b) All statutory notice required to be sent to the members under these rules shall be sent by post under certificate of posting to the last known addresses recorded in the register of members. A notice sent by post shall be deemed to have been served at the time when the letter containing the same would be delivered in the ordinary course of post.
c) All notices, communications, memoranda and other papers shall be signed or authenticated by the Secretary and when so signed or authorized shall be conclusive.
d) The Executive committee shall provide common seal for the purpose of the chapter and shall provide for the safe custody of the seal and it shall not be used except by the authority of the Executive Committee and in the presence of the Chairperson and Executive committee.
e) i) Every deed or other document to which the seal of the chapter is required to be affixed shall be by the Secretary in the presence of the Chairperson and in taken of its having been so affixed, shall be signed by the President and by the Secretary.
ii) Every deed or other document so sealed with the common seal of the chapter and signed by the president and by the Secretary shall be deemed to be duly executed.
48) The Office Bearers and the members of the Executive Committee chapter will be elected from amongst the Life/Ordinary members of the chapter at the Annual General Body Meeting of the chapter or by secret postal ballots or as decided by the chapter.
49) The chapter will be allowed to raise funds by way of subscription, advertisements, registration fees for program and by any such means permissible under ethical code for their activities.
50) The chapter shall be required to submit their statement of accounts to the IAP within 3 months of closing of financial year. Accounts so submitted should include accounts of all activities conducted by the chapter during the year under report.
THE DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS OF VICE PRESIDENT:-
To help president in their matter and to work for the welfare of trust / chapter of IAP.
ANNUAL CONFERENCE :-
51) The chapter will hold the Annual Conference of the chapter.
52) The chapter will enter into MOU for holding the Conference.
53) The Secretaries of the chapter will coordinate the Annual Conference with the help of the conference committee.
54) Conference Committee will consist of members of the Executive Committee drawn from chapter and chapter, as mutually decided by them.
55) The chapter shall restrict their academic activities to its respective child nutrition, mal nutrition and nutritional Code/Acts only.
56) The President of the IAP will be deputed, as a nominee Executive Board of IAP, on the Executive Committee of the chapter and the Secretary General of IAP shall be Ex-officio member of the chapter. The nominee and the Ex-officio shall be given due notices of all meetings of the chapter by the Secretary of the chapter.
57) Chapter may publish periodicals to promote all or any of its objectives.
58) Chapter shall maintain a register of its members.
59) The registration number and the logo of the chapter and logo of IAP shall be displayed on the letterhead and all publication of the chapter.
60) To promote all or any of its objectives, the chapter may appoint state and city co-ordinators every year.
61) The Annual Report of the activities of all chapters should reach the IAP not later than 31st October every year.
62) On all matters of dispute, decision of the Executive Board of IAP and/ or General Body of IAP shall be final and binding.
63) The chapter may sue or be sued in the name of the Secretary.
64) For matters not provided for the these rules and regulations, the chapter shall be free to govern itself in such manner as it thinks fit and for the purpose to make rules and regulations from time to time not inconsistent with the rules and regulations of the IAP and such rules and regulations shall be subject to ratification by the Executive Board of the IAP. In case of dispute and in absence of any provision in the rules and regulations of the chapter for, good governance, the rules regulations of the IAP and or the decision of the Executive Board of the IAP shall be final and binding the chapter and their members in such matter.
ALTERATION OF RULES:-
65) The rules shall not be altered, amended or added to except by a resolution duly notified and passed at a special General Body meeting of the chapter [at which no other business shall be discussed] by a three fourths majority of the members presents and ratified one month later by another Special Body Meeting/ Annual General Meeting.
66) The Trust created by these presents shall be irrevocable provided that in the event of the trust failing to function for any reason, or in the event of the trustees being of the unanimous opinion that this trust should be dissolved and or amalgamated with any trust having objects more or less similar to this trust the trustees may apply to the authority prescribed by law for permission to dissolve and or amalgamate with any other public charitable trust and in that event the trust property shall be transferred to any other public charity trust as the Trustees with the consent of such authority as aforesaid, on such terms and conditions as the trustees with concurrence of such authority may think fit and proper.
IN WITNESS WHERE OF I Dr. Ramakishan Radhakishan Agarwal, Author of the Trust, here in above named set my hand of this deed of trust on this ____th _______ 2011 at Amravati.
[Dr. Ramakishan Radhakishan Agarwal]